What to Use to Scrape Websites Easily?
Web scraping, which refers to the automatic or manual collection of structured or unstructured data from websites, is a process that can also be referred to as data extraction. While web scraping’s main uses are for price monitoring, price intelligence, news monitoring, lead generation, and market research, web scraping can sometimes be used for academic research as well. We can say that the general purpose of using web scraping is to make smarter and strategic decisions and to obtain publicly available data for use.
If you’ve ever copied and pasted information from a website’s content into another file, you’ve manually done everything a web scraper can do for you. If you want to scrape data from a website faster and easier, you can use web scraping tools and sites.
If you want to scrape data on the Internet quickly and easily, and if you want to get support if you encounter any problems, just contact us. At Scrape.do, you can be sure that we will support you in any area of web scraping you want. Contact us right now!
Why Should You Use Web Scraping?
Before you learn how to do web scraping in the easiest way, it would make more sense for you to learn what purposes web scraping is used for. You can use web scraping for price intelligence, market research, alternative data for finance, real estate, news, and content tracking, lead generation, and brand tracking. Let’s take a closer look at them now:
- Price intelligence: One of the biggest uses for web scraping, price intelligence is based on getting product and price information from e-commerce sites. After obtaining this product and price data, you can make a better analysis and apply more appropriate pricing and marketing strategy. If you have an e-commerce site, you should definitely use web scraping.
- Market research: Market research, which should guide you to the most accurate information available and is critical for businesses in every field, is a must-do business. You can analyze markets around the world using high-quality and high-volume data of all shapes and sizes available on the Internet.
- Alternative data for finance: It is possible for investors to obtain alternative data in the field of finance with web scraping, which is really a good fit for investors. Investors need to be more precise in their decision-making, so they need to have a lot of data. All the world’s leading investment firms use web scraping to make better decisions and increase their earnings.
- Real estate: The digitalization of the real estate industry in the last twenty years and the destruction of traditional companies cause serious competition in the real estate industry. If you are an advertising agency and a brokerage firm, you should incorporate online product data into your own business and protect against online competition. For this, it would be most logical to use web scraping.
- News and content monitoring: Even a single news cycle in modern media can have a significant value or threat to the future of your business. If you own a company that works in the direction of news analysis or you are frequently seen in the news, you can watch the most critical stories in your industry with the news data you will get with web scraping.
- Lead generation: A very important activity for all businesses, lead generation is extremely important for marketing and sales. According to a 2020 report, the biggest challenge for marketers and companies was generating traffic and leads. But if you use web scraping, you can access structured leader lists from the web and put your business one step ahead.
- Brand monitoring: As almost everything happens online nowadays, protecting your online reputation should be your top priority so you can survive in this competitive market. If you sell your products online and have a strict pricing policy, you need to learn how your products are perceived. For this, you can find out the complaints and satisfaction of your customers about your products by using web scraping.
Which Websites Should You Scrape: Top 5 Earning Websites!
Actually, which websites you scrape is entirely up to you, but in this section, we have compiled the five most scraped websites for you and talked about why they are scraped. Let’s take a look at the top 5 most scraped websites:
- Google: Marketers working on Search Engine Optimization are the group of employees most interested in searches on the Google search engine. Marketers use web scraping to track data on Google search engine results pages to track certain keywords and obtain data such as the metadata of a web page that is shown in the results list for Search Engine Optimization and that has a critical impact on clickthrough rate.
- Yelp: With rankings and reviews for physical and online businesses that can be considered golden data, Yelp can tell you what customers think about any business when scraped. You can also learn how your business looks in the eyes of customers and use reviews for competitive analysis.
- Walmart: Walmart, whose motto is “Save Money, Live Better”, can qualify as one of the best targets to scrape because if you want to do web scraping, you also need to take advantage of price comparison sites. For retailers and businesses, scraping Walmart helps to get product data quickly and is highly qualified.
- eBay: One of the most popular e-commerce sites, eBay is also one of the most frequently scraped and valuable websites. By getting data from eBay, where there are many people who continue their own businesses, you can examine in detail what your competitors are doing and have information about the trends in the market.
- Amazon: The most scraped website, Amazon is also the most popular among e-commerce sites. It is possible to obtain information for all kinds of market research by scraping the data on this website, which has huge shares. By scraping from Amazon, which has the largest database, you can track prices, monitor your competitors, make better product selections and learn what your customers think about you.
How Do You Scrape Data on the Internet with Two Different Methods?
There are two different ways to scrape websites, do it yourself using web scraping tools and outsourcing.
Scraping Web Using Scraping Tools
If you are writing your own code to scrape websites and using Python, your web scraping process should be like this:
- As a first step, you must define the target website.
- Secondly, you should collect the URL addresses of the pages of the websites whose data you want to extract.
- Thirdly, you must request URL addresses to obtain the HTML address of the pages.
- Fourthly, you should use locators to obtain and scrape data contained in HTML.
- Finally, you should save all the data you have obtained in a reconstructed format to JSON, CSV, or a different format file.
Web Scraping with Website Services
If you want to do web scraping by outsourcing, we would like to tell you about the service that our team will personally provide, you can also describe it as the general services that web scraping websites will offer you:
- When you choose us for web scraping, our expert team will gather all the requirements related to your project.
- Our team of web data scraping experts with years of experience will code the scrapers you need, set up the infrastructure you need to collect your data, and configure it according to your needs and requirements.
- As the last step, we will deliver the data you need in the format you want and as often as you want, you won’t have to make any effort.
As a result of these steps, we can use the flexibility and scalability of web scraping to ensure that your project parameters are easily met. No matter what kind of business you do, we can offer you a scraping service that suits your needs, together with our web scraping tools and our expert team.
Why Are We The Best Web Scraper for Your Needs?
Scrape.do, is an extremely easy-to-use web scraping tool that is scalable at any level, provides an extremely fast, proxy-save web scraper API, and is at the top when it comes to cost and features. We offer the highest quality web scraping features at the lowest costs, and we also consider your budget.
Unlike other web scrapers, as Scrape.do, we do not find it right to charge extra for websites that are difficult to scrape, and we do not charge you extra. As a web scraper that offers the best price/performance ratio on the market for Google search engine results pages, we also have an average speed of just 2-3 seconds and 99% success in collecting anonymous data via Instagram. In addition to being four times faster than our competitors in terms of gateway speed, we offer either a mobile proxy or a residential proxy service, and we price them twice as much as our competitors’ fees. We can list the other features that we can offer you as follows:
- We offer you a rotating proxy and use the proxy pool to get rid of all the hassles.
- Whichever plan you choose, we offer you unlimited bandwidth.
- We offer the possibility to customize it the way you want to fulfill your web scraping needs on your preferred plans.
- Unlike our competitors, we only have a charging policy for successful requests.
- We have geotargeting feauture that works in more than 10 countries.
- As for pricing, we have prices starting from just $29 per month. The fee you have to pay to make 1.3 million API calls in a month is $99.
In addition to all our features, we would like to tell you a little about ourselves and our service. We have been in the web scraping industry for many years and we make web scraping easy for you, making it a fully automated process. Our data extraction services are available worldwide and are already used by hundreds of our customers in many countries. In addition to people who are just starting their businesses on the Internet, we have enthusiastically helped large companies in the industry extract data. We look forward to helping you too!
You May Interest
Web Scraping for Hotel Business - Data Extraction Will Be The New Star!
Want to learn how you can use data scraping for your hotel business? Here is the …
How Can Web Scraping Help Political Campaigns?
In this article, after we talk about what political data analysis is and how Big …